Community Code Of Conduct
An Educational Rationale
The core purpose of Wallarano Primary School is to provide a safe and harmonious environment where children feel safe and confident to learn social, emotional and academic skills. We are to display at all times respect for diversity and the promotion of positive relationships. Parents and staff are expected to work together for the safety of all children
- To provide a fair and supportive environment that promotes personal respect, values diversity, and provides physical and emotional safety.
- To ensure the smooth and efficient operation of all aspects of the school.
- To provide a process where communication between all members of the community are in line with the school values of respect, honesty, teamwork and learning
- All individuals must be valued and treated with respect
- Parents have the right to expect that their children will be educated in a secure environment in which care, courtesy and respect for the rights of others are encouraged
- Parents have the right to raise any issue of concern in a respectful and school wide appropriate manner
- Teachers have a right to expect that they will be able to teach in an safe, orderly and cooperative environment
- Parents have an obligation to support the school in its efforts to maintain a positive teaching and learning environment
- The Principal and staff have an obligation to fairly, reasonably and consistently implement the staff and student code of conduct
Strategies which promote positive and respectful communication between the school and parents to ensure positive outcomes for all:
- The Principal and staff to ensure successful implementation of the Student and staff Codes of Conduct
- All staff to model appropriate behaviours representing the school values of Respect, Honesty, Learning and Teamwork
- Parents to model appropriate behaviours representing the school values of Respect, Honesty, Learning and Teamwork
- Parents are to ring and make an appointment to talk to the staff member of their choice.
- Concerns are to be addressed in a responsible and courteous manner and both staff and parents are to be given a chance to speak and be listened to and preferably in a quiet private location. At no time are there to be threats, yelling, pointing fingers accusingly etc
- Appropriate language and behaviour is expected from all parties at all times
- Physical and verbal harassment are unacceptable and will not be tolerated
- School Council and staff will communicate in plain language, avoiding unnecessary jargon, and also use other means of reaching parents with literacy and or language difficulties such as newsletters, Adult English class, assemblies etc.
- Unresolved school-level issues may be referred by the Principal, or either party involved, to the appropriate authorities.
- The rights and sensitivities of all individuals will be protected.
This policy was originally formed, and will be reviewed in consultation with all members of the wider community as part of the school’s four year Strategic Plan.